Monday, September 14, 2015

Single & Searching: Be Still And Know That He Is God - A Complete Love Story

This is a complete love story of Shin Yee....
She shares this "to encourage people. I decided to post up on my blog so people can read or show people and be encouraged that God cares about this thing called B.G.R. = Boy Girl Relationship. Not just any other BGR. YOUR SPECIAL one and only COLLECTION OF BGR THAT GOD YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WANTS TO UNIQUELY CRAFT AND WRITE IT FOR YOU. Will you allow Him to?"

"BGR - Boy Girl Relationship - is my all time favourite topic. Something close and dear to my heart. I believe many of us long and desire to have someone special in our lives, so did I. I remember myself as someone who was quite ‘desperate’ after guys. When I was in high school, it was so normal for people to have boyfriends after boyfriends…. However, I never knew what it was like to have a boyfriend. I assumed that because back then I was ugly and fat, no one will desire to be with someone like me.

After I accepted Christ, I began to question God, "Why don’t I have a boyfriend? Most of my friends have someone special in their lives, what about me God??”
However, somehow, God never answered. Years past and I began to think "Hm...maybe God wants me to have the gift of celibacy, singlehood, to serve God and love God only!!” I ran to my mum and asked her “Do you think God has given me the gift of celibacy?”, she laughed and asked me to go and pray about it.
I remember I was spending my quiet time with God and was reading this verse in Habakkuk 2:3 “But these things I plan won’t happen right away, slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to past. Just be patient, they will not be overdue a single day!”
"Ok", I told God, "I will surrender my desire to you and If it is your will that I have someone special in my life, You will confirm with this verse".

Few months past, and one day, as I was spending time with God, my devotional guide taught me about that verse in Habakkuk. Little did I know that in the afternoon, my mentor will come and teach me about that same verse. Moreover, I was hearing a sermon my mum bought in her lady conference and it preached about that same verse. Not only that, but my monthly Christian girl’s magazine (brio mag) decided to arrive that day with a poster with that verse (I still have that poster in my room)…. I really freaked out, because God showed me that verse 4 times in a day!
I ran to my mum and told her the incident and she laughed again and said "God wants you to have that special someone ~ just trust God".

I thanked God for showing me that I was going to have that special someone and I decided to wait on God. I read a lot of books on BGR and one of them was “I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. In that book, Joshua pledged 5 years for God, and as a young silly girl, I decided to follow Joshua’s footstep and pledged my 5 years to God. I signed a contract with God and told Him "I am giving You this 5 years!!!"
God is a very cute God that took my vow for real....
During this 5 years, it was not easy. I had 5 good friends and all of them had boyfriends. It was not easy to be among them because what they chatted about was their boyfriends and what I could boast of was my God.

One year went by, two years, and I started to realize that kind of "SHIN YEE~~~, er…..do you know that you are getting older??? To pledge for 5 years is silly!! Why not just 3 years?" Then I negotiated with God if I could pledge for 3 years. God never answered because I think God has a good memory; He remembered that contract I signed for 5 years.

Truly, I would say that those 5 years was not easy. However, God never failed to comfort me and assure me to wait for His best. He was truly my number one Cheerleader, Comforter, Encourager, who never failed to show up on time. God was so used to my whining and crying. When I was down, He would remind me of the verse in Habakkuk that He promised me. When people started to laugh at me that I do not have a boyfriend, I would shout out that Jesus is my boyfriend.

Finally, in 2007 October, it was the end of my 5 years pledge to God and no man of my heart desire showed up. Seriously, I would say that those 5 years was a privilege. Because it had been a wonderful and beautiful 5 years with my Maker, my Creator. It was (and is) an honor to be solely His and His only, to know Him so intimately and personally.
Not only that, but during those 5 years period, God transformed me inside and outside. First, God molded what was inside of me, my heart and my character, feeding me with His word and telling me that heart matters to Him. He wanted me to know that beauty lies in the eyes of the Creator. As He molded my heart, guess what? God also took me through an ‘extreme makeover’. My mum tried very hard wanting me to lose weight; she took me to see nutritionist, took me to slimming center, but nothing helped.... My mum gave up and decided that the only person that could help me was God. She prayed to God that I lose 20kgs. Truly, her prayer came to pass.... I lost 23kgs in 2 years plus time! I thank God from the bottom of my heart for molding and transforming me inside and outside. I thank God for having signed up for this 5 years package that made me who I am today!
(This testimony is not asking you to make a 5 years pledge to God; more of….challenging you to trust God. God is your Creator, He knows you the best especially your heart desire. He will definitely give you the very best in His time.)

These 5 years pledge came to an end without any man showing up. However, it did not stop there because I truly believed that someday, this someone special would definitely come just as God had promised, and that he will be the man worth waiting for. (Till then, I really encourage all of us to trust God, wait on Him and enjoy this period of time with God ALONE. Get to know your Creator intimately and personally, you will discover that He is so interested in you and everything about you...and so this part of BGR that matters to you and I, how can He ever forget? He will definately make it beautiful for you, in HIS TIME.)

On the LAST DAY OF THE PLEDGE (30/9/2007), Rayson was revealed to me. It was a Sunday during 'Praise and Worship' while I asked God again about that special man. Actually, my shepherd asked me to pray about Rayson. In disbelief, I kept rejecting and telling my shepherd it wouldn't be him. This was a guy I had a crush on for 3 years. And I still remember how my white gold cross necklace got lost, and while I was praying, I was battling in my mind and thought God wanted me to really give Rayson up; to focus on God and truly serve and love Him. I told God during 'Praise and Worship', "If Rayson is from You, then You wouldn't want me to give up!"
Then, in a still small voice, He told me, "My dear child, do you remember... this is the LAST DAY of your pledge? This is my gift to you". I teared and teared... and in my heart I knew, HE IS A GIFT FROM MY FATHER IN HEAVEN...!"
(Edited).


No comments:

Post a Comment